A Kickstarter-style Shopify theme designed to turn startups into successful stores. Show off details and tell your product's story.
FeaturesLearn more about the features this theme has to offer.
Optimized for small catalogs
Launch is built for single-product and small-catalog stores, with the ability to scale as your business grows.
Unique goal-tracking feature
Excite customers and tell your brand story with Launch’s Kickstarter-style crowdfunding feature.
Customizable colour gradient
Customize Launch's signature colour gradient to match your brand and style.
Launch makes it easy to highlight product features on both your homepage and product pages.
Display technical specifications directly on your featured product page to build trust with customers.
Build your brand by featuring employees’ photos, names, and positions on your “About” page.
All of our Shopify themes come with the following features
- Free customer support
- Free theme updates
- Mobile-friendly design
- Customizable layout
- Built-in styles and color palettes
- Modular design
- Integrated social feeds
- Social media icons
- Search engine optimization
- Drop-down navigation support
AnswersGet answers to common questions about this theme.
How do I install the theme once I’ve purchased it?
Easy! We’ll email you a zip file, which you can upload via the “Online Store” section of your Shopify admin. Simply click “Upload theme” and it will be there for you to customize, preview, and publish when you’re ready.
Does this theme work with larger-sized catalogs?
Yes, it does. Launch is built to scale as your company grows. Although it is optimized for single-product stores, Launch also works with larger catalogs.
Can I customize the theme styles? Or can I use one theme style on one page and another style on a different page?
Yes and yes! We created these theme styles to show the diversity of Launch’s features, but you can pick and choose however you want. Think of the styles as jumping-off points.
Can I use our company’s font?
Maybe. If your company’s font is available in the Shopify font library or through Typekit, you can use it in the theme. If it’s a Typekit font, you will need to edit your theme’s code
Can you help me customize the theme?
We can help you get set up and familiarize yourself with Launch’s features, but we can’t guarantee support for extensive customizations. That said, we’ll do whatever we can to help you find a viable solution.
Does this theme integrate with all Shopify apps?
Not all, but many! All Pixel Union themes integrate with Pixel Union apps. If you’re using an app from another developer, please contact them to see if it plays well with Launch.
UpdatesThis theme was last updated on April 13th, 2020.
April 13th, 2020 - v6.4.0
Got an old version of Launch?
Update using the Theme Updater App
Please note that the Theme Updater App is compatible with Launch versions 6.0.0 and up. Earlier theme versions require a manual update.
February 25th, 2020 - v6.3.0
- Updated to use new product media component
February 13th, 2020 - v6.2.3
- Social feeds section as a result of Instagram's API deprecation so from now on you'll need to switch to using an app.
October 8th, 2019 - v6.2.2
- We've given our slideshow an update to make it perform better and to get rid of some inconsistent image cropping issues.
- Fixed structured data outputting an empty itemListElement array.
- Fixed a bug where a customer's addresses could not be edited or deleted.
- The labels for the product variants are now correctly showing as they should.
- Fixed gift card template not rendering correctly
August 15th, 2019 – v.6.2.1
- Removed our website link from the footer
- Changed how dynamic checkout buttons are styled
June 10th, 2019 – v6.2.0
- We now display Shopify discounts on the cart and order pages
- Support link in the Theme editor now points to our new support form
- Related products has been replaced with the new Recommended products section
May 29th, 2019 – v6.1.1
- Fixed issue where Instagram sections were not updating in the Theme editor until after saving
May 8th, 2019 – v6.1.0
- Removed unused ‘Added to cart’ string from the product page options
- We did some housekeeping and removed unused code from the contact page template
- Removed all references to Google+
- Updated pxs-video
- Updated shopify-social-meta library
- Correct whitespace issue on Alternating Content section for large displays.
- Fixed Liquid error on Password page
- Fixed broken mobile submenu collapsing issue
- Fixed bug preventing users from entering numbers into the product quantity selector
- Fixed the ‘Forgot password’ link on the Login page
February 14th, 2019 – v6.0.2
- Fixed up an issue with the mobile navigation’s dropdown arrows. Navigate away!
- Spring cleaning came early this year for Launch and we cleaned up a bunch of behind the scenes stuff, including:
- Removed plugin.js and replaced with npm modules
- Reorganized file structure in a logical manner
- Implemented Shopify Sections Manager
- Removed Backbone.js
- After receiving feedback about them, we have updated the collection pages and the featured collection sections to use the original image sizes instead of cropping them to square.
December 19th, 2018 – v5.1.0
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons content
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons to be enabled by default
December 6th, 2018 v5.1.8
- Add cropping to slideshow images to resolve resolution issue.
- Fixed issues with autoplay of Vimeo and YouTube videos not working on various devices and browsers in combination with muted or unmuted audio.
- Featured collection product images are now displayed more consistently regardless of image resolution
- Storefront password page logo functionality was lost, but now is found
- Shipping calculator issue with logged in users being presented an error
- Price visibility should apply to featured collections
- Remove grey space from certain collection templates
- Correct symbols appearing currency dropdown
- Youtube video will now only show related video from the same channel
- Updated the video player to allow videos to start playback muted
- Description for header setting indicating desktop usage only
November 2nd, 2018 – v5.1.6
- We got rid of that pesky liquid error on the Password page!
September 27th, 2018 – v5.1.5
- We fixed the image centering on the Blog section of the homepage.
- Also, there’s now a more robust currency switcher, so go wild!
August 23rd, 2018 – v5.1.4
- The ion-icons have been updated to version 4.2.4.
July 27th, 2018 – v5.1.3
- Fixed slideshow height miscalculation
- Fixed display issues on alternate collection template
July 18th, 2018 – v5.1.2
- Fixed an unintended hover effect on the ‘Buy now’ dynamic checkout button.
July 11th, 2018 – v5.1.1
- We’ve updated the footer payment icons to use Shopify’s new official icon set!
- Fixed issue where blog posts on homepage were overlapping at certain breakpoints
June 21st, 2018 – v5.1.0
- A new setting has been added allowing customers to be brought to the cart page after a product has been added to it.
- We’ve connected the OpenGraph, and Twitter Card header tags to a more robust piece of logic. You can also find a new setting to set a default share image!
- We’ve removed the ‘Blog -‘ before blog titles. Its pretty clear already that you’re on a blog. We’ve left it a as an i18n string if you really want it
June 7th, 2018 – v5.0.0
- Updated newsletter forms on the homepage and password page to include a rich-text field so links can be added.
- Fixed issue where fixed headers would still have a background even when the user is scrolled up to the top of home page and the slideshow is set to fill the full window
May 31st, 2018- v4.0.1
- Fixed the default typography setting for primary font causing fatal theme editor errors on new theme installations
May 30th, 2018 – v4.0.0 (unreleased)
- Added support for the new font picker setting. Soo many fonts! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
April 19th, 2018 – v3.2.1
- Headings in the Product focus and Technical specification sections are now optional.
- The logo in the header now uses a h1 tag on the homepage to help with SEO.
- Product focus and Technical specifications now use <h4> tags for headings.
- We reduced the space above the Slideshow button on large screens.
- Announcement bars which aren’t linked will no longer show the pointer cursor.
April 5th, 2018 – v3.2.0
- Implemented responsive and lazy loading images.
April 3rd, 2018 – v3.1.0
- Implemented support for Shopify’s new dynamic checkout buttons. Now on the product page and quickshop, customers can checkout directly via Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, and Shopify Payments if you have those gateways set up on your store.
- Fixed the infamous broken Twitter feed.
March 23rd, 2018 – v3.0.2
- We’ve made some typography changes to the slideshow (the max width of the text on the slideshow is now 1000px and the subheading font now matches the body).
- Blog posts should now have white text if using a Color/Gradient background.
- Video headings should now receive the correct font color.
March 9th, 2018 – v3.0.1
- Updating item quantity while set to a currency that is not the default will no longer update the unit price of item
February 26th, 2018 – v3.0.0
- Added some new sections to the home page: an Announcement bar, Newsletter, Map, Image with text, Video, Rich text, and Featured product.
January 17th, 2018 – v2.7.2
January 16th, 2018 – v2.7.1
- Fixed up broken Instagram and Twitter feeds.
January 8th, 2018 – v2.7.0
- Updated the menu system to be integrated with Shopify’s nested navigation update. See this link to get more information on how to set up nested navigation.
November 30, 2017 – v2.6.7
- Cleaned up the icon fonts folder.
- Cleaned up some minor newsletter visual bugs.
- Gave the cart the ability to update without leaving the page.
- Updated the way we handle inventory to comply with Shopify’s inventory policies (mostly behind-the-scenes stuff).
October 26th, 2017 – v2.6.5
- Links with variants now work when you add to cart right away.
October 5th, 2017 – v2.6.4
- Someone made a woopsie with some things that are in the works that we can’t really tell you about that are sort of being released but only to ***new*** customers and that woopsie made us do a woopsie that BROKE EVERYTHING. But it’s back to normal now. You can direct all thankyous to Adam and Joe. Thank you, Adam and Joe.
September 28th, 2017 – v.2.6.2
- We did some mucking about internally, and made a snazzy new library to help with tabs. You won’t see any difference, but its a very good thing.
- Do you like emojis? We like emojis too, and think you should get to use them in your twitter feed!
- Whether you like emojis or not, there was an issue where the Menu icon would load up as a hamburger first. A bit of code-frying later, and the hamburger has been obliterated!
August 31st, 2017 – v2.6.1
- Instagram got sneaky on us and changed something that caused the images to appear in free and wild aspect ratios. An Instagram rodeo went down and we lassoed the images back to being square. This is an awful metaphor.
August 22nd, 2017 – v2.6.0
- Lowered max transition time on home page slideshow.
- Updated opacity range to not have integer in unit.
July 25th, 2017 – v2.5.0
- Updated range settings to be sliders in theme editor.
July 20th, 2017 – v2.3.5
- Fixed issue with social media links in footer.
July 9th, 2017 – v2.3.3
- Added Shopify Pay icon.
- Fixed documentation URL.
- Allow social media titles in footer to be case sensitive.
June 2nd, 2017 – v2.3.2
- Implemented RTE link support in theme editor.
- Fixed issues with collapsing header.
- Fixed issue with sale badges and background colour in alternating collections.
May 23rd, 2017 – v2.3.1
- Fixed issue with Twitter feed not displaying tweets.
May 18th, 2017 – v2.3.0
- Fixed issue with variants not updating correctly.
- Fixed issue with missing slideshow button.
- Minor bug fixes.
April 13th, 2017 – v2.2.0
- Fixed issue with password page.
- Updated TextArea settings to escape HTML.
March 30th, 2017 – v2.1.2
- Minor bug fixes.
March 17th, 2017 – v2.1.1
- Fixed issue with wrong payment icons appearing in footer.
- Minor enhancements.
February 23rd, 2017 — v2.1.0
- Fixed issue with related products displaying the wrong sale price.
- Fixed issue with links causing homepage slideshow to jump.
- Implemented new setting to allow for product descriptions to appear on collection pages.
February 3rd, 2017 — v2.0.1
- Minor bug fixes.
January 19th, 2017 — v2.0.0
- Updated theme with Shopify’s Sections.
November 17th, 2016 — v1.4.4
- Minor bug fixes.
November 10th, 2016 — v1.4.3
- Fixed issue where Instagram feed was not pulling six images.
- Fixed interpolation issues of i18n strings
November 3rd, 2016 — v1.4.2
- Added favicon support.
- Fixed issue with drawer menu.
September 29th, 2016 — v1.4.1
- Minor bug fixes with Instagram widget.
September 23rd, 2016 — v1.4.0
- Minor bug fixes.
- Integrated Apple Pay icon on cart page.
September 8th, 2016 — v1.3.0
- Added payment icon setting.
- Integrated Google Maps API key dependency.
September 1st, 2016 — v1.2.1
- Updated Twitter to use username instead of widget ID.
- Minor bug fixes.
August 12th, 2016 — v1.2.0
- Fixed issue with home page slideshow.
- Updated social icons.
- Fixed issue with product goal bar.
- Added featured collections to the home page.
July 28th, 2016 — v1.1.0
- Added a setting to disable Cart AJAX.
- Minor bug fixes.
July 21st, 2016 — v1.0.1
- Fixed issue with product image zoom.