A playful, mobile-first Shopify theme for emerging and niche markets. Tell your story and reach customers wherever they are.
FeaturesLearn more about the features this theme has to offer.
Reach is designed specifically for handheld devices to help you increase mobile sales.
Unique “Story” section
Reach lets you tell your brand or product story with a dedicated “Story'” page in the header.
Feature product images in customer testimonials, and link directly to the product page.
Image, icon, and animation effects
Customize animations and icon styles to create a more playful shopping experience.
Masonry and standard layouts
Feature multiple products, posts, or promotions in both masonry and standard layouts.
Product image zoom
Give customers a closer look at product details when they hover over images on product pages.
All of our Shopify themes come with the following features
- Free customer support
- Free theme updates
- Mobile-friendly design
- Customizable layout
- Built-in styles and color palettes
- Modular design
- Integrated social feeds
- Social media icons
- Search engine optimization
- Drop-down navigation support
AnswersGet answers to common questions about this theme.
How do I install the theme once I’ve purchased it?
Easy! We’ll email you a zip file, which you can upload via the “Online Store” section of your Shopify admin. Simply click “Upload theme” and it will be there for you to customize, preview, and publish when you’re ready.
Can I customize the theme styles? Or can I use one theme style on one page and another style on a different page?
Yes and yes! We created these theme styles to show the diversity of Reach’s features, but you can pick and choose however you want. Think of the styles as jumping-off points.
Can I use our company’s font?
Maybe. If your company’s font is available in the Shopify font library or through Typekit, you can use it in the theme. If it’s a Typekit font, you will need to edit your theme’s code
Can you help me customize the theme?
We can help you get set up and familiarize yourself with Reach’s features, but we can’t guarantee support for extensive customizations. That said, we’ll do whatever we can to help you find a viable solution.
Does this theme integrate with all Shopify apps?
Not all, but many! All Pixel Union themes integrate with Pixel Union apps. If you’re using an app from another developer, please contact them to see if it plays well with Reach.
UpdatesThis theme was last updated on June 24, 2019.
June 24th, 2019 – v4.3.0
- Added support for the new Shopify Discounts features.
- Added support for the new Shopify Product recommendations.
- Added support for line item properties injected by third-party apps.
- The Featured collection and Related products features now support a more standard grid layout.
- Updated styling on Collection scrollbars to make them more apparent.
- Switch to Shopify’s colection.sort_options for collection sorting.
- Support link in the Theme editor now points to our new support form.
- Retired Google Plus, as Google did.
- Updated social-meta library
Got an old version of Reach?
Update using the Theme Updater App
Please note that the Theme Updater App is compatible with Reach versions 1.3.0 and up. Earlier theme versions require a manual update.
January 11th, 2019 – 4.2.8
- Having a testimonials section as the last section on your home page no longer breaks things, because who needs that?
- We’ve fixed the issue where the in-stock variant image is not switched to if the first variant is out of stock.
- We’ve also fixed the issue where Twitter heights were not matched on mobile.
There’s been an CSS update to allow Slideshow content to be right-aligned.
January 7th, 2019 – 4.2.7
- This theme now asks Google to only index each collection page once, to improve your SEO.
- The add-to-cart success popup will now appear on mobile after adding an item to the cart.
- Selecting variants on mobile will now consistently display the correct image.
- The cart quantity will now reflect the quantity in the add-to-cart success popup.
- We’ve added a max-width to the minicart to prevent it from becoming too large.
- The fix is in for Twitter thumbnails not appearing under certain conditions.
- The fix is in for cards, to prevent accidentally swiping when scrolling.
- The fix is in for product cards not using correct aspect ratios.
- There is now a check that layout is not mobile when applying the sticky header.
- You’ll now find the option to show lock icons on checkout buttons.
October 4th, 2018 – v4.2.3
- All of the preview product images now display properly in the mini-cart!
October 4th, 2018 – v4.2.3
- The fix is in for the endless spinner, which happened when you tried to add one of your two Featured Products to the cart from the Homepage.
October 4th, 2018 – v4.2.1
- The image zoom on Featured Products was all wonky, but we got this.
October 4th, 2018 – v4.2.0
- Embellishments weren’t embellishing when you had the Product Grid turned on, and now they’re definitely doing that!
- Content seemed to be shifted on iOS 9 and we pushed it all back into place.
October 4th, 2018 – v4.1.0
- All of the spacing on mobile product pages has been cleaned up.
- We fixed cards sliding at incredibly slow rates based on animation speed, because nobody’s got time for that.
August 23rd, 2018 – v4.0.1
- Reach has been updated to use the latest shopify-structured-data!
August 2nd, 2018 – v4.0.0
- You’ve now got the option to move product options above or below the product description.
- We added a cart count badge, so now customers can see how much stuff they’re hoarding before checkout.
- You wanted additional product gallery options, so we gave ’em to you!
- While hovering over product images, customers can now use image zoom to see all the nitty-gritty details.
- There’s also new options for product pages, allowing new styling of quantity picker.
- We changed the styles of the cart page to better reflect Reach’s verticals.
- The FAQ section has been updated to allow up to 12 sections, so you can explain anything and everything.
- The collection page has new layout options, so go mix things up!
- You can now organize product and collection/search settings into section settings rather than global.
July 26th, 2018 – v3.2.1
- We now only check the header height when the page loads and when the user scrolls, not a thousand times per minute for no reason.
- Double or single quotes now work in product option names, so no more broken variants!
July 20th, 2018 – v3.2.0
- Updated social meta to provide a stronger overall social sharing experience.
July 17th, 2018 – v3.1.0
- Here’s a fix for the empty related products bug!
- Also, we’ve updated the footer payment icons to use Shopify’s new official icon set.
July 4th, 2018 – v3.0.3
- A new setting has been added allowing customers to be brought directly to the cart page after a product has been added to it.
- Updated the Natural preset to remove sections that were hidden by default. The preset is now more in-line with our demo shop.
June 19th, 2018 – v3.0.1
- We’ve updated the default Style used when the theme is installed; you should find it to be a more Natural look!
June 7th, 2018 – v3.0.0
- We took another look at the currency issue from v1.0.1, and realized we could have a cleaner fix. So we swept up our code and made it all nice!
Updated the password page to have a rich-text field so links can be added to the newsletter form.
We fixed up the “Continue Shopping” button on the cart page when its empty. It wasn’t supposed to be full width!
May 31st, 2018 – v2.0.1
- Fixed the default typography setting for primary font causing fatal theme editor errors on new theme installations
May 30th, 2018 – v2.0.0 (unreleased)
- Added support for the new font picker setting. Soo many fonts! Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility.
- The little
-icons now match up to the chosen icon set!
May 15th, 2018 – v1.4.2
- Fixed issue with variant images on mobile.
- Blog post tags on the home page now link to their proper tag.
- Fixed a missing translations on the guest checkout page.
- Fixed issue with gallery images and testimonials on the story page showing code instead of an image.
- Fixed an issue with group tags where double spaces were being shown as no spaces.
- Fixed issue with image and button styling in the next article section
April 3rd, 2018 – v1.3.0
- Implemented support for Shopify’s new dynamic checkout buttons. Now on the product page and quickshop, customers can checkout directly via Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, and Shopify Payments if you have those gateways set up on your store.
- Fixed the infamous broken Twitter feed.
March 27th, 2018 – v1.2.0
- Implemented responsive images across the entire theme.
- Fixed a little bug where some variants sometimes had the possibility of being able to be added to the cart even if they were sold out or unavailable.
March 6th, 2018 – v1.1.0
- Added new sections to the home page to comply with Shopify’s sections parity update.