Personal Information we collect
When you visit the Sites, contact us, or purchase or install one of our products, we automatically collect certain Personal identification information, information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse the Sites, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms refer you to the Sites, and information about how you interact with the Sites. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the pixelunion.net and/or outofthesandbox.com, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Sites.
Additionally when you make a purchase, attempt to make a purchase or contact our support team before making a purchase through the Sites, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers or other payment information), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Sites (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations).
Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you, including sending marketing messages;
- Track your use of the Sites and affiliates sites and;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Sites (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Sites, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store.
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here:
We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Sites. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Sites’ data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Your EU/EEA rights
If you are a European resident, you have the right to:
- request to know more about and access your personal information,
- request deletion of your personal information,
- request correction of inaccurate personal information,
- request restriction of processing of your personal information,
- object to the processing of your personal information for certain purposes.
You can make these requests by contacting us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Sites or contact support), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States. This data will be encrypted and is available for retrieval on demand by the customer.
In particular we process your personal data to pursue the following legitimate interests, either for ourselves, partners or other third parties:
- To provide merchants and others with our services and applications;
- To prevent risk and fraud on our platform;
- To provide communications, marketing and advertising;
- To provide reporting and analytics;
- To provide troubleshooting, support services or to answer questions;
- To test features or additional services; and
- To improve our services, applications and websites.
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority where you reside. Contact details for your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA:
For individuals in the UK:
For individuals in Switzerland:
When you place an order through the Sites, we will maintain your Personal Information, Device Information, and Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information as this data is required for the duration of the customer relationship.
These Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us.
200 - 535 Yates Street
Last updated: June 22, 2023
How do we use the data we collect?
Our company collects data on your Shopify business directly, and via Shopify’s platform, to deliver on the core functionality of our app and theme products, including:
- Backing up and restoring the data and functionality you input to Shopify and configure in its administration settings. These objects can include Products, Themes, Collections, Orders, and Customers, among other objects, from your Shopify store.
- The data collected to enable Vault Backups is solely used for the express purpose of backing up and restoring your store information in the event of a data loss, and is not shared.
What data do we collect?
Our company collects the following data:
- Personal identification information
- All fields within Customer and Order records
- Personal identification information, which includes:
- First name
- Last name
- Full name (the full name of a customer)
- Display name (formatted version of the name of a customer)
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Zip code
- Latitude (geo coordinates may be present)
- Longitude (geo coordinates may be present)
- formatted (formatted version of the address)
How long do we store your data?
Our company will store your data until:
- Data retention is required for the duration of the use of Theme Updater Plus.
- The purpose of the Theme Updater Plus Vault backups feature is to store and protect the data in event of a failure.
- If you choose to no longer share your data with Out of the Sandbox, you can remove Theme Updater Plus at any time, which will remove all data that we have stored.
Your EU/EEA rights
- If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
- Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are collecting your information in order to backup and restore shop data as mentioned above (‘How we use the data we collect’).
- Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
- Encrypted storage in S3 & TUA APP DB
How to contact us?