A classic Shopify theme that has stood the test of time. Build your business with a flexible theme proven to help stores grow.
Theme will be delivered by email once purchased.
You might also like
Need a hand setting up your shop? Get help from the Shopify Experts at Storetasker!
Learn more here
FeaturesLearn more about the features this theme has to offer.
Optimized for large catalogs
Pacific is specially built for online stores with a large number of products and collections.
Site-wide promotion tiles
Highlight sales, discounts, and featured products across all pages from one tab in your Shopify admin.
Feature product images in a large, multi-column drop-down menu.
Multi-tiered sidebar menu
Display products, collections, social media links, and more in an elegant sidebar menu.
Create special homepage sections like promotional blocks, FAQs, blog posts, and more.
Multiple product page layouts
Choose from multiple product page layouts to create the best shopping experience for your customers.
All of our Shopify themes come with the following features
- Free customer support
- Free theme updates
- Mobile-friendly design
- Customizable layout
- Built-in styles and color palettes
- Modular design
- Integrated social feeds
- Social media icons
- Search engine optimization
- Drop-down navigation support
AnswersGet answers to common questions about this theme.
How do I install the theme once I’ve purchased it?
Easy! We’ll email you a zip file, which you can upload via the “Online Store” section of your Shopify admin. Simply click “Upload theme” and it will be there for you to customize, preview, and publish when you’re ready.
Can I customize the theme styles? Or can I use one theme style on one page and another style on a different page?
Yes and yes! We created these theme styles to show the diversity of Pacific’s features, but you can pick and choose however you want. Think of the styles as jumping-off points.
Can I use our company’s font?
Maybe. If your company’s font is available in the Shopify font library or through Typekit, you can use it in the theme. If it’s a Typekit font, you will need to edit your theme’s code
Can you help me customize the theme?
We can help you get set up and familiarize yourself with Pacific’s features, but we can’t guarantee support for extensive customizations. That said, we’ll do whatever we can to help you find a viable solution.
Does this theme integrate with all Shopify apps?
Not all, but many! All Pixel Union themes integrate with Pixel Union apps. If you’re using an app from another developer, please contact them to see if it plays well with Pacific.
UpdatesThis theme was last updated on April 7th, 2021.
April 7th, 2021 - v4.7.0
- Add preconnect
- Add preload attr for CSS, fonts and JS
- Add font-display: swap
- Use async or defer for scripts
Using an old version of Pacific?
Update using the Theme Updater App
Please note that the Theme Updater App is compatible with versions 2.5.0 and up. Earlier theme versions require a manual update.
January 15th, 2021 - v4.6.0
- Stylesheets no longer use SCSS which gives much better performance in the theme editor
- Replaced select 'include' snippets with 'render'
November 4th, 2020 - v4.5.0
- Product pickup information is now displayed for featured products and on the product page when the shop has local pickup enabled.
September 17th, 2020 - v4.4.1
- Currency selector setting info to tell merchants to visit payment settings, not currency settings
- We have removed the default social media sharing image setting and we now defer to the setting in the Shopify admin
March 30th, 2020 - v4.4.0
- The total price on the cart page will now be formatted correctly when cart item quantities are adjusted.
- Gift cards will now appear with CSS applied!
- You can now enable the RSS Subscribe link on blog posts.
- Customers will now receive a success message when subscribing to the newsletter.
- Menus in the footer will now be aligned correctly on mobile.
- We have updated the shipping calculator to make requests only to one endpoint!
- The old currency converter has been removed in favor of the new native multi-currency functionality
February 6th, 2020 - v4.3.0
- We now support Product Media: Videos, 3d models, and of course images
- Images will no longer appear stretched on static pages.
- Instagram section has been removed. The Instagram API used to display these photos has been deprecated with no suitable replacement so from now on you'll need to switch to using an app.
August 15th, 2019 – v4.2.5
- Fixed the checkout button on the cart page to have the correct dimensions and hover state
- Removed our website link from the footer
- Adjusted styling for dynamic checkout buttons on the cart page
June 13th, 2019 – v4.2.4
- Updated presets to match the new demos, and changed the order they show up in the marketplace listing
May 29th, 2019 – v4.2.3
- Subtotal and order discounts are now shown in the right order
May 23rd, 2019 – v4.2.2
- Related products has been removed to make way for the new Recommended Products feature
- We are now using Shopify’s built-in sort options on the collection page!
- You can’t tell, but there were some minor technical updates to the Twitter feed
- Removed references to google plus, since it is being retired
- Links in the theme editor labels have been moved to the ‘Info’ attribute
- Support link in the Theme editor now points to our new support form
- Removed the imagesLoaded code library to use our own library, hopefully making page loads more streamlined
- Some duplication issues with product error and success messages have been resolved
- If no sidebar menus are selected, we won’t show an empty sidebar and mess up the layout
- The slideshow page dots are now perfectly centered. We also fixed a few glitches with the slideshow in the theme editor
- Large header logos will now display correctly on all browsers!
- Cart and order pages now display discounts
April 4th, 2019 – v4.2.1
- We’re now linking out to support documentation for Image aspect ratios, instead of cluttering up the theme editor.
- Section headings are now being removed if they are blank, even if the section has no content yet.
- We removed the third promotional block on the meganav to reduce clutter, because 2 seems to be the right amount.
- Currency conversion now works properly with the shipping calculator (as it should).
- The maximum number of rows of products you can show has been reduced to 12, in both the collections page and the featured collection section.
- We decided to update our typography settings for the site title and the section headings to use the more generic heading settings.
- The typography settings for “Capitalize” are now using the more accurate label of “Uppercase”.
- We solved some issues in the theme editor when changing variants on featured products so that everything works as it was designed to.
January 10th, 2019 – v4.0.9
- Map address field now works with latitude and longitude which, hint, hint, doesn’t use Google’s geocoding API and could reduce your Google bill!
- The collection filtering and sorting ‘help’ links now point to a specific support article
- Fixed currency formatting error when using ‘amount_no_decimals_with_comma_separator’
December 19th, 2018 – v4.0.8
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons content
- Changed dynamic checkout buttons to be enabled by default
December 6th, 2018 – v4.0.6
- Fixed some errors when enabling and disabling currency conversion
- Meganav now correctly resizes to fit the screen width, even with a whole bunch of menu items
- You can now choose to show a lock icon on the checkout button, instead of the standard icon
- Theme now asks Google to only index each collection page once, to improve SEO
- Product images on collection pages with ‘Collage’ setting no longer sometimes overlap
- Imported fonts to giftcard.scss to resolve compiling issue
October 4th, 2018 – v4.0.3
- There’s no longer an extra ‘+’ sign on all of the sidebar links on mobile.
- In the theme editor, you will no longer have to click ‘save’ to see the product cards after changing the collection layout to collage.
- The footer rich text section was missing it’s default content, so we added it!
- Now all footer blocks get default headings. Newsletter and Twitter feed were feeling left out.
August 30th, 2018 – v4.0.0
- We’ve added the ability to select a default social sharing image, so you’re always covered when sharing to your social followers!
- There’s no longer any extra ‘+’ signs in the mobile and mega navigation.
- Also, all images now display properly on the customer order page, because your customers aren’t purchasing a random grab bag (unless they are).
August 20th, 2018 – v3.3.1
- You now have the ability to select a default social sharing image!
July 26th, 2018 – v3.3.0
- Added the option for a logo on the password page, so now you can choose between the store name or logo, just like the home page.
- We noticed that sometimes when you switch an image on the product page, the new image stays hidden. That obviously defeats the purpose of having an image, so we fixed it!
- Changed the header to make sure each page has one (and only one) H1, regardless of whether there is a logo.
- Multiple featured product sections now behave properly together.
- When you add a featured product directly to the cart, the cart count icon increases correctly.
- Links with a product variant selected will now add the right variant to the cart.
- Added padding to the slideshow slide text on mobile devices so the gutter remains as it should in full width and content width modes.
- Fixed an issue where $0 was sometimes displayed as a compare price for products without a compare price.
- Fixed a bug with the slideshow border so now it’s displayed above the heading for full width and content width slideshows.
July 23rd, 2018 – v3.2.1
- Ensured that the product page settings were relevant to just the product page.
- Added cart redirect setting.
- Added stock indicator settings to the featured collection section.
- Updated the footer payment icons to use Shopify’s new official icon set.
June 13th, 2018 – v3.1.0
May 31st, 2018 – v3.0.0
- Added support for the new font picker setting. Soo many fonts! Just remember,with great power comes great responsibility.
- Added option to show secondary image on hover in the homepage featured collection section
- Added Vimeo support to the Featured Video section
- Removed update button from cart page
- Changed strutured data on the Product page so that it is now valid
- Made footer credits translatable
- Fixed translation of “items” in the header so that it doesn’t reset to English when adding an item to the cart
- Hid Related Products header if there are no related products to show
- Fixed issue where if the default variant had no compare price, switching variants would never show a compare price
- Fix issue with grouped content tabs not working in the featured product section SPAC-75
April 5th, 2018 – v2.5.0
- Implemented responsive and lazy loading images.
April 3rd, 2018 – v2.4.0
- Implemented support for Shopify’s new dynamic checkout buttons. Now on the product page and quickshop, customers can checkout directly via Amazon Pay, Apple Pay, Paypal, and Shopify Payments if you have those gateways set up on your store.
- Fixed the infamous broken Twitter feed.
March 12th, 2018 – v2.3.1
- Fixed a layout issue on the product and collection list page when the sidebar was enabled.
March 1st, 2018 – v2.3.0
- Added more sections to comply with Shopify’s sections parity update.
January 16th, 2018 – v2.2.1
- Fixed broken Instagram and Twitter feeds.
January 8th, 2018 – v2.2.0
- Updated the menu system to be integrated with Shopify’s nested navigation update. See this link to get more information on how to set up nested navigation.
November 30th, 2017 – v2.1.6
- Updated how we handle product inventory to comply with Shopify’s new inventory policies.
- Fixed an issue where an error message wasn’t being shown when trying to purchase a quantity that was larger than what was available.
November 9th, 2017 – v2.1.5
- Products that are in two collections now show the breadcrumb that correlates to which collection someone got to the product page through. It sounds more convoluted than it is, but basically the right collection is linked to the right breadcrumb on the product page.
October 5th, 2017 – v2.1.3
- Someone made a woopsie with some things that are in the works that we can’t really tell you about that are sort of being released but only to ***new*** customers and that woopsie made us do a woopsie that BROKE EVERYTHING. But it’s back to normal now. You can direct all thankyous to Adam and Joe. Thank you, Adam and Joe.
September 1st, 2017 – v2.1.2
- Instagram feed didn’t show square images. Now it does.
August 25th, 2017 – v2.1.1
We used to make you enable the stock level indicator in two places in order for it to work. In the name of efficiency, that setting is now in one place.
Fixed issue with the collection page tag dropdown not displaying all tags.
Fixed issue with product images becoming blurry on hover.
On a collection page, the collection header now sits above the sidebar.
July 20th, 2017 – v2.1.0
- Implemented sliders for all range theme settings.
July 14th, 2017 – v2.0.9
- Implemented Shopify Pay icon to footer pay icons.
- Fixed issue with only the first product image allowing product zoom.
- Implemented collection page change to always show product details below thumbnails on mobile and tablet.
June 22nd, 2017 – v2.0.8
- Fixed issue with text overlapping sections on mobile.
- Changed external links to open in new windows.
- Fixed issue with multiple variants not being added to the cart correctly if the variants shared the same values.
June 12th, 2017 – v2.0.7
- Implemented jump-to-page pagination option on collection pages.
June 2nd, 2017 – v2.0.6
- Fixed issue with negative product quantities in cart.
- Added ability to upload a favicon.
May 23rd, 2017 – v2.0.5
- Fixed issue with Twitter feed not displaying tweets.
April 13th, 2017 – v2.0.4
- Fixed issue with textarea settings in theme editor.
January 6th, 2017 — v2.0.2
- Updated theme with Shopify’s Sections and new theme editor.
September 29th, 2016 — v1.7.0
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added Apple Pay icon to payment icons in footer.
September 22nd, 2016 — v1.6.1
- Implemented currency converter on mobile.
- Integrated Apply Pay to cart process.
- Fixed menu dropdown issue on mobile/tablet.
September 8th, 2016 — v1.5.5
- Minor bug fix.
July 21st, 2016 — v1.5.3
- Minor bug fixes.
- Added setting to allow customers to stay on the product page after adding a product to the cart.
- Updated Twitter widget.
July 7th, 2016 — v1.5.2
- Fixed issue with space between menu and mega nav in Safari.
- Fixed issue with Twitter feed not displaying.
March 22nd, 2016 — v1.5.0
- Added support for ShopPad apps.
March 15th, 2016 — v1.4.6
- Updated theme customizer settings to comply with Shopify’s naming and organization conventions.
- Minor bug fix.
December 15th, 2015 — v1.4.2
- Removed ‘Powered by Shopify’ link in footer.
December 7th, 2015 — v1.4.1
- Added ability to show featured blog images on the blog page and home page.
- Implemented Apple Wallet integration.
October 1st, 2015 — v1.3.1
- Reduced width of Addresses template to match content.
- Implemented fix for image flip to work with both text styles.
- Fixed issue with shipping calculator automatically filling in for customers with accounts.
September 17th, 2015 — v1.3.0
- Minor bug fixes.
- Implemented new product variant feature to make unavailable products un-clickable.
July 10th, 2015 — v1.2.0
- Added option for Image Flip on product listings.
- Minor bug fixes.
June 18th, 2015 — v1.1.9
- Added option for 3 or 6 instagram images on Homepage.
- Fixed issue where double clicking “Add to Cart” added multiple items to the cart.
- Updated and optimized Currency Converter plugin.
May 7th, 2015 — v1.1.8
- Reimplemented Column Product Layout and Cart Quantity settings.
April 30th, 2015 — v1.1.7
- Fixed issue with contact form not submitting.
April 21st, 2015 — v1.1.6
- Implemented settings_schema.json and removed settings_html.
March 27th, 2015 — v1.1.5
- Fixed broken CSS.
March 26th, 2015 — v1.1.4
- Minor bug fix.
March 5th, 2015 — v1.1.2
- Added Tumblr social icon.
- Adjusted default footer settings.
- Fixed stock level indicator issue.
February 26th, 2015 — v1.1.1
- Removed checkout settings override.
February 12th, 2015 — v1.1.0
- Added ‘Read More’ link to blog posts.
February 5th, 2015 — v1.0.13
- Minor bug fixes.
January 29th, 2015 — v1.0.11
- Added theme link in footer.
- Fixed issue with page jumping to top when selecting product variants.
- Added option for mobile version to include two columns in drop-down menu.
January 22nd, 2015 — v1.0.8
- Added option for two-column product page.
- Added settings option for displaying a purchase quantity box.
January 15th, 2015 — v1.0.5
- Fixed collection sorting on vendor pages.
January 8th, 2014 — v1.0.3
- Resized paypal button on the cart page.
- Reduce margin top on footer linklist for mobile.
January 2nd, 2014 — v1.0.2
- Fixed sidebar option to disable sidebar on all pages.
December 31st, 2014 — v1.0.1
- Added option to disable sidebar on homepage
- Fixed Android bug with mobile mega nav height.